1. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may
occur to the existing systems, fittings equipment etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
2. Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, no responsibility can be accepted for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of
your existing systems that later develop faults or failures.
3. Should the works include a Powerflush to the existing heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst the treatment is generally harmless,
depending on the condition of the existing components the process may find weakness in the system. Should any such problems be encountered then any
rectification works required may be charged at extra cost.
4. Should the works include a new combination heating boiler unit connected to an existing heating system, the client should be aware that the higher
pressures used by this type of boiler may find weakness in the existing system. Should any such problems be encountered then any rectification works
required may be charged at extra cost.
5. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in
good time and the period of isolation will be as short as possible
6. Prior to commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply will be subject to a soundness test to check compliance with Gas
Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the client and any rectification works required may be subject to an additional charge.
7. The attached estimate is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to
are in good condition and working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to
make a charge for correcting the same.
8. We reserve the right to vary the estimate and change the total charged in the following circumstances:
a) After submission of the estimate the client instructs the company/engineer whether orally or in writing to carry out additional works not referred
to in the estimate be carried out whilst the specified works are being executed an indication of such cost will be given and the clients agreement to
the same will be obtained from the client before the additional works proceed.
b) There is an increase in the price of the materials or any related cost to the company after the submission of the estimate
c) If it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated or included after the submission of the estimate.
d) If it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
9. This estimate is open for acceptance for a period of 30 days providing the works can be commenced within 90 days. Both periods from the date of
estimate and thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal.
10. This estimate does not include for any parking fees levied in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs). Any such fees will be passed onto the client at
11. Dismantling, cleaning and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless
12. Acceptance of the estimate confirms acceptance of these conditions.
13. The company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the client and shall only be bound (subject to these terms and conditions)
by estimates given in writing to the client.
14. The price specified in the estimate does not include the cost for the removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying
out the works. You will be responsible for arranging disposal of dangerous waste material by a specialist contractor or we may be able to arrange at an
additional cost. When dangerous waste has been removed you will need to produce a site clearance for reoccupation certificate, which you can obtain
from the specialist contractor/asbestos removal company before we can continue to work at your property.
Non-dangerous waste disposal/removal from site will be the responsibility of the client unless agreed in writing within the estimate.
15. If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be laid back on
completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork
tiles or laminate or other flooring, no allowance has been made for re-instatement unless specified.
16. Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the proposed will be made good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of
decorations. We do not guarantee to match the existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been removed.
17. No allowance has been made for casing in of pipework or painting/decorating of the new works.
18. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all the relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any
delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time of the survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
19. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
Authority of Works
20. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property, it is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that all necessary
permissions have been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility whatever for any works carried out without
the necessary permissions.
21. If the proposed works are being carried out in a listed building, it is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that all necessary
permissions have been obtained in writing. We accept no responsibility whatever for any works carried out without the necessary permissions.
22. By instructing the company to proceed with any works as agreed, it is thought by the company the client has sought the necessary permissions as set out
above. The client will be liable to the company for all loss and damage as a result of failing to obtain the necessary permissions.
Delay and Timescales
23. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control, any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades
may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
24. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit. Extra visits at the request of the client or caused by circumstances beyond our
control will be subject to a surcharge and may affect the completion date.
Completion of Works
25. No allowance has been made for out of hours working unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
26. All dates are given for the start or duration of the works are, given in good faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current
workload commitments. These times are estimates and may be varied, however, due to unforeseen circumstances or to circumstances beyond our control. The
company will always endeavor to maintain its schedule and that the engineer attends at the agreed time. However, no liability will be accepted for any
delay/nonattendance or for the consequences of any delay/nonattendance if it is not possible to meet client’s timescales and the company shall be entitled
to a reasonable extension of the time to complete the work.
27. Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or unfixed, shall not pass to the client until payment in full has been received for said materials.
We reserve the right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or
28. Any parts or materials supplied by the company will only be provided with the manufacturers or suppliers guarantee and are not guaranteed by the
29. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a different manufacture providing they will be
suitable for the purpose intended.
30. Any items or materials supplied by the client or others for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the client. Any faults found
will be pointed out to the client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by faulty or
damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
Your Right to Cancel
31. You can cancel this agreement up to 14 days after this notice is received. This is called your cooling off period. By signing the estimate, you have
agreed that we can start work before your cooling off period ends. If you cancel your agreement after work has started, we will charge you our costs for:
a) any work already carried out
b) any goods already installed into your property
You will not be able to cancel once work is fully completed or the goods have been installed into your property. We will deduct our costs from any payment
you have made or bill you for them.
If you wish to cancel you can contact us in writing, phone or email using the contact details call provided with your estimate.
32. All invoices are due for payment in full and with cleared funds immediately upon completion of works or as set out within the terms of payment given in
the estimate for the works. It is a condition of acceptance that these be adhered to.
We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% above the current base rate per month on overdue accounts.
33. The guarantee shall be for labor only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of invoice, with the manufacturer’s warranty in
The guarantee will become null and void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the company is:
1) Subject to misuse or negligence
2) Repaired modified or tampered with, by anyone other than a company operative.
3) Not handled/used in accordance with the manufactures instructions.
The company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability materials supplied by the Customer and will accept no liability for any consequential
damage or fault.
The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste and drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work in respect of fractures caused by frozen pipes or damage caused as a result of frozen pipes.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer and against the written or verbal advice of the operative /engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company and payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from
recommended works which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not
been carried out.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
Where the company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over 10 years old at the date no warranty is given in respect of such
works and the company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
34. These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in
writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the Company and by the Client. Further, these terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and
conditions used by the Client or contained or set out or referred to on any documentation sent to the Client by the Company; by entering into contract with
the Company the Client agrees to waive the application of any such terms and conditions.
35. These terms and conditions and all contacts awarded between the Company and the Client shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law
and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
36. Limitation of Liability. Subject to clause 32 the Company’s total liability for any work undertaken, any loss or damage either direct or indirect (in
contract tort or negligence) shall be limited to the level of the Company’s current insurance cover.